There was a little rumbling in the grapevine recently, regarding 'awards' in Second Life Porn.
While I'm as creative as the next person, on 'promoting' things... whether it's myself as a model/actress, or SUITEHEAT Enterprises, or whatever... I think it pays for us all to remember that fame and fortune are NOT prizes we can expect to win here on Second Life.
Think about the AVN adult industry awards, and the Oscars and the Grammys, and the Emmys and Time magazine's "Person of the Year" awards...
Those are PROMOTIONAL events, more than competitive recognition deals. Their purpose is to put their ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT in the public eye, in a conspicuous way, so that WE, the everyday folks, will be more inclined to BUY their products.
They're not football games... and the titles they might win, won't get them a discount on their mocha at Starbucks. The trophies they win, gather DUST. So at the end of the day, those awards don't matter a whole hell of a lot.
Here on Second Life... 'titles' mean LESS than nothing.
You could win an award for "The greatest adult sim in Second Life History"... and if you forget to pay your tier...*snap* there goes your sim... right back into your lost and found folder. GONE. Hell... if the janitor at Linden Labs screws up when cleaning the joint, and kicks the cord out of the wall that runs all those computers? We're ALL out of business, just that fast. Second Life is the living embodiment of "Here today... gone tomorrow (if it takes THAT long for it to go!)"
Most of us who've been on the grid a while, and have been IN, or even AROUND the SL Porn community any length of time, understand that titles and awards, while "nice compliments", really don't count for a lot in the grand scheme of things. What matters MOST... is PEOPLE.
Whether it's the newbie taking their very first porn photo to publish online for everyone to see... or someone like Spirit Demure-Rust, who is definitely one of the best in the photography game... or one of us in between those extremes... Second Life is all about PEOPLE. Meeting people... having fun with people... creating things with people... etc.
End of the day... THAT is all that matters.
If you can answer these two questions...
1.) Did you have fun today?
2.) Did the people around you, have fun with you?
...with a resounding "YES"...
...give yourself a cookie... pour yourself a drink... whatever you do to treat yourself... because...
...You made your time on Second Life count for something GOOD!
That's what making films, or taking pictures is about. I do it for fun... and I HOPE that at least a couple of others will see what I turn out, and like what they saw.
So, particularly for those of you who are new to the SL Porn Community... remember not to take 'titles' too seriously.
Take a title I wear now... of "PRODUCER"...
That just means I take pictures, and occasionally make movies. I come up with the crazy ideas, and I create something out of nothing. That's all there is to it.
"PORN STAR"
That just means that I'll pose in still photos or in videos, getting naked, being naked, or fucking and sucking, with the expectation that someone besides me and a close friend will see them. That's it.
Don't get hung up on our 'creative hype'... Just HAVE FUN! That's what Second Life's for, after all! :)
Love & Lust,
Gwenivere
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
On Awards in the SL Adult Industry
My name is Gwenivere, and I'm the founding CEO of SUITEHEAT Enterprises.I enjoy making new friends, shooting the best pictures I know how, and just creating in general.
Obviously I'm a participant and fan of the Second Life Adult Community.
I'm also a builder, and have, in the past, owned my own sim, and managed all aspects of it.
Generally, I'm pretty down to earth, and like our new President of the US, I do NOT have a filter. I say what's on my mind, for worse off or better.
Some of you who've met me in Second Life, know that I 'do' put a little panache into my branding of SUITEHEAT, and strive to give our photos and movies certain qualities that "I" happen to like.
Let it never be said though, that I, for even a minute, think I'm above ALL of the simply tremendous photographers and machinima producers in our community. There's so much incredible talent out there, it's just an honor to even BE among the people that make the Second Life Porn Community so great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment